I have never done a monthly recap on my blog, but as I sit here reminiscing about what it is like to not have poison ivy, I thought a recap of July would be appropriate. Overall, July was a really great month. Here’s what I did:
- California! (Vacation recap)
-One entire day spent at Cedar Point, the world’s greatest amusement park.
- Ohio (again)
Bonus: A guest appearance from BirdZerk, my new favorite mascot.
- We finished building our homemade kitchen table (yay!), so that we could move the table indoors and…
- Clean the garage (ugh).
- I had a garage sale which forced me to clean out my house. Also, in exchange for my junk, random strangers paid me a grand total of $95.
- My mom and dad came over to help my husband and I remove a fence from our backyard.
- I went hiking in my hometown, California, and Ohio.
- I went canoeing with my dad.
- I continued my tradition of going for a 2+ hour “Sunday long walk” every Sunday.
- Trips to Salvation Army to drop off donations: 2
- Trips to urgent care: 1 (poison ivy is not fun)
- Family members currently dealing with poison ivy: 3
- Over-the-counter medications purchased in hopes of sweet relief from poison ivy: 7
- Total deer seen on my street this month: 5 (this is really weird, because I live in a major city)
- Trips to Ohio: 2
- Loaves of zucchini bread devoured: 3
- Number of random distant relatives that I unexpectedly ran into at the The Spaghetti Warehouse in a different state: 1
- Total episodes of "House" watched on Netflix: 9