I am so happy that I discovered the Runners Tell All Linkup this year and I’m sad that it is coming to an end. Reading everyone’s stories, experiences, and thoughts about running has been so motivating for me. Even though I have never actually met any of the linkup participants, I feel like I have a new group of running friends. Thanks everyone!
Ok, let’s get to it. The December topic:
Truth #2: I am scared to get back to running in 2015. Fact: I have already gained 30 pounds since the beginning of summer, and there is no chance my weight will be leveling off anytime soon. In two months I am going to have a baby, so on top of being physically much bigger this spring, my free time for running is probably going to be limited.
Truth #3: I can’t wait to get back to running. I am motivated, inspired, and super excited to be able to get back in shape and start running again. I miss running so much! I have actually had dreams about running during the past few months.
I’m prepared to run too. I have a running plan. I have a jogging stroller. I am ready and willing to put in a lot of hard work. I can’t wait to start running again.
2015 Running Goals
- May: For the first 2 weeks of May, I will run every other day (whatever distance is comfortable). The second half of May, I will run 20 miles per week.
- June: I plan to run 30 miles per week in June.
- July: I plan to build up to 40 miles per week in July.
- Fall: I will run a race in fall. I’m still narrowing down my race options.
- Long term: I’m currently making a bucket list that I plan to debut in 2015. I have added something scary to my list; run a sub 1:40 half marathon. Terrifying? Yes. Do-able? I think so. Am I delusional? Maybe.
I am anxious to get back to running in 2015. I’m going into the new year with a positive attitude towards running, but I am also prepared to face some challenges. I’m ready!